Hours & Staff
The Rangeview Media Center is open (M/T/Th/F) from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
(Wednesdays) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Jacque Yuknas, Teacher Librarian
- Holly Devlin, Media EA
- Diane Smith, Media EA
For more information, please call 303-695-6848 ext 27666 or email Ms. Yuknas
- Students are expected to maintain a work-study atmosphere, and refrain from distracting others.
- The use of iPods, CD players and other electronic devices are allowed provided they are used in a responsible manner and do not bother other students and staff.
- Opened food or beverages are prohibited, with the exception of water.
- Students not accompanied by staff MUST sign in and show an ID card upon entering the library.
- Media Center computers are for school work only. NO GAMES. No YouTube.
- All students using the Computers/Internet must leave their RHS Student ID at the circulation desk
Any student failing to follow the above guidelines will lose computer privileges and/or be asked to leave the Media Center.
Rangeview ID cards are required for all students at all times. Without an ID, students are not allowed to be in the Media Center. A current ID card is needed to check out books, magazines, AV equipment, or use the Media Center computers.
Media Center staff WILL NOT give out passes excusing students late to class.
Fees and Fines
Due to the cost of supplies and high student usage, the Media Center has established the following charges for printing copies from the black and white laser printer. No color printer is available in the library.
- Text only - $0.10 per page
- Graphics - $0.25 per page
The Rangeview Media Center charges library fines and book replacement charges in accordance with the Aurora Public Schools policies and procedures.
- Books (regular checkout) - $0.10 per day
- AV equipment - $1.00 per day
- Calculators - $0.50 per day
- Magazines/Newspapers - $0.10 per day
- Lost or damaged book - full replacement value
The following school supplies are available for sale in the Media Center (subject to quantities on hand)
- pens - $0.30
- wooden pencils - $0.10
- mechanical pencils - $0.50
- highlighters - $0.50
- spiral notebooks - $0.50
- notebook paper - $0.50
- construction paper (8 sheets) - $0.50
- poster board - $1.00
- note cards (25) - $0.25
- post-it notes - $0.50
- envelopes - $0.10
- plastic report covers - $0.75
- pocket folders - $0.50
- copies (per page) - $0.10
- USB Flash drives 2GB - $8.00
- CD-R/CD-RW/DVD/DVD-RW- $1.00
- Mini-DV tape - $3.50
In support of the district mission statement the media program of the Aurora Public Schools provides resources and services which are integrated into the total education process thereby empowering students to become informed problem solvers who value lifelong learning.
To reach this goal the media program will provide leadership in collaborative planning of integrated curricular programs coupled with good management which will enable students and teachers to use resources and technologies to access and analyze information.