CHSAA made the difficult decision last night to cancel the remainder of the boys and girls basketball tournament. Although this is difficult and deflating news for our team, we support the decision to keep everyone safe.
I did talk to Bert Borgman, CHSAA assistant commissioner in charge of boys and girls basketball, about the possibility of rescheduling the conclusion of the tournament later in the spring. He said based on the health consultants CHSAA has spoken to finishing the tournament is not likely, but not impossible. They are not concerned about finding a venue if they decide to finish the tournament, they just want to make sure athletes are safe.
More decisions about all sports will be made by CHSAA and by APS the week of April 6th, but all sports teams are not allowed practices before April 6th. We will keep making attempts to play the remainder of the tournament, but we are in a waiting period right now to see what the impact of COVID-19 is on Colorado and prep sports.
We will have a RANGEVIEW Team Store through East Bay that will be open 365 days a year. Get your Raider Gear at anytime and receive it in a few days.