CCA Information

Below is information about the Community College of Aurora for Rangeview students:

CCA Application Guidelines & Instructions

 To enroll in a CCA class for concurrent enrollment credit at RHS and/or on the CCA campus, a student must apply to the college and receive an S#.  This step needs to be completed only once and before the Accuplacer can be taken.

Steps to Register For 1st Time CCA Classes at CCA and RHS

  1. Go to  Click on the “apply now” tab on the left at the bottom of the screen.
  2.  Click on “Getting Started Checklist- New students” and complete Step 1 and Step 4.
  3.  Under “Step 1 – Apply for Admission”, click on “Apply now!” then “start my application”.
  4.  You must “Create an Account” and provide email and password.  They will be asking for information about you and when you want to begin classes. When it asks for Academic Program of Interest, choose Associate of Arts.  When you have answered all of the questions, click on “Submit”.
  5.  This will lead you to a page where you then “Start an application”.  To do this, click on “Start new undergraduate application.” 
    After answering all of the questions (there are tips on the back of this sheet) on multiple screens, submit application.
    You must return to your account (several hours later or even the next day) to get your S#.  Please keep this number available because it is your student identification number that you will use for all CCA classes.
  1.  Return to the “Getting Started Checklist” page and complete Step 4 Apply for COF.  If this step is not completed, your parents will be billed for a portion of your tuition.
  2.  Make plans to take the Accuplacer if you are not eligible for a grade waiver or have other standardized test scores that meet the prerequisites.  


If you have further questions, email or visit with your counselor.


  1)  Why is it necessary to register for the College Opportunity Fund (COF)?        
The state of Colorado discounts the price of college courses by $62 per credit hour.  This stipend will only be paid for students who have registered for COF.  APS will pay for the cost of tuition, minus the stipend.  If a student is not registered for COF, the student is responsible for the amount of the stipend.
   2) Why am I receiving a bill for CCA if the district is paying for the course(s)?
CCA is part of the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) where student bills are generated.  Since CCA does not produce and mail the invoices, it is difficult for CCCS to know which students are high school students or college students.  There is a statement at the bottom of the bill that states to disregard the bill if a third party is responsible for this bill.  The third party in this case is Aurora Public Schools.  The benefit of receiving this invoice is double.  First, the student is again confirmed that they are enrolled in a CE class, and secondly, it allows students and parents to see how much money they are saving!  If you have not registered for the COF, you are responsible for that amount.
 3)   I don’t want to provide my social security number to CCA.  Is this required?
All colleges in Colorado require you to provide your social security number on college applications, if you have one.  You cannot take a concurrent enrollment class at RHS or at CCA if your application is not complete.
   4) What if I don’t have a social security number?
See your counselor for an alternate form for the CCA application and for COF.  Not having a social security number will not preclude you from this opportunity. 

All students who meet the course prerequisites are eligible for college credit once the required paperwork is complete.


Why am I receiving a bill from CCA for Concurrent Enrollment classes?

Community College of Aurora is part of the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) where student bills are generated. Since CCA does not produce and mail the invoices, it is difficult know exactly when CCCS is going to send the bills or if they are sending them for the Concurrent Enrollment students. Most likely you will continue to receive bills from CCA as long as you have a student taking college courses either at Rangeview or at CCA. For the most part the bills can be ignored and are not the responsibility of the student because the school district has agreed to pay for this tuition. Students are responsible for signing up for the College Opportunity Fund (COF).  If a student does not, parents will be responsible for this portion.