The Rangeview Media Center is open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m
Media Specialist: Heidi Ammons
Our purpose is to welcome, support, and inspire students in the discovery of new ideas, the joy of reading, and the power of information so that they may leave Rangeview as independent, self-confident, and literate citizens. To reach this goal the media program will provide leadership in collaborative planning of integrated curricular programs coupled with good management which will enable students and teachers to use resources and technologies to access and analyze information.
Guidelines for Student Use of the Media Center
- Students are expected to maintain a work-study atmosphere and refrain from distracting others.
- The use of phones and other electronic devices are allowed provided they are used in a responsible manner and do not bother other students and staff.
- Opened food or beverages are prohibited, with the exception of water.
- Media Center computers are for school work only.
- All students using the Computers/Internet must leave their RHS Student ID at the circulation desk.
Any student failing to follow the above guidelines will lose computer privileges and/or be asked to leave the Media Center.
Fees and Fines
Due to the cost of supplies and high student usage, the Media Center has established the following charges for printing copies
- Text only - $0.10 per page
- Graphics and Color copies - $0.25 per page
- If printing in color the document must be shared with the Library Circulation Desk.
Supplies for Sale
The following school supplies are available for sale in the Media Center (subject to quantities on hand)
- Pens - $0.30
- Note/Index Cards (25) - $0.25
- Wooden pencils - $0.10
- Notebook Paper (50 sheets) - $0.50
- Mechanical pencils - $0.50
- Construction Paper - $0.10
- Highlighters - $0.50
- Poster Boards - $1.00
- Spiral notebooks - $1.00
- 8 GB Flash Drive - $8.00
- Pocket folders (glossy) - $1.00
- Composition notebooks - $1.00
- Pocket Folders (paper) - $0.50